Scroll down for a list of some of our favorite things to do in Chicago. Flying tip: O'hare airport is closer to our flat and to the Hideout, though Midway airport is also accessible. Both have El Train service that can get you anywhere in the city. Please email or call us if you have any questions!
We recommend Airbnb in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago. Get a $27 discount by following this link (first time users). Other nearby neighborhoods include Wicker Park, Bucktown, Avondale, Roscoe Village and Ukranian Village.
Longman & Eagle is 2.5 blocks from our flat. It has 6 rooms above their restaurant and bar. This is great for people who want a lively, contemporary place to stay.
Wicker Park Hotels are a 5 minute drive or a short el train blue line ride (3 stops) from our flat or a short cab or uber ride to The Hideout.
Days Inn on Diversey is about 15 minutes directly east of our flat, in the heart of the Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhoods. Often dubbed "Rock n Roll Days Inn," many touring bands stay here when they are playing northside venues like The Metro, The Riviera and Aragon Ballroom.
Chicago Athletic Association Hotel is a recently renovated 1890's Gothic-style building with Art Deco Interiors located on Michigan avenue steps from Millennium Park and the Art Institute. It is a great place to grab dinner and drinks, both in the game room and at the rooftop bar, Cindy's.
Most hotels are located downtown in Chicago, close to Lake Michigian, the Magnificent Mile and the Loop. If you choose one close to a blue line stop, you'll be at our flat in about 30 minutes (counting walking and waiting for the train to arrive).
OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN CHICAGO
- We generally prefer to spend our free time in the various quiet neighborhoods of Chicago, especially our own Logan Square, Wicker Park, Andersonville and Pilsen.
- Live music at the Empty Bottle and Constellation.
- Seeing films at the Music Box Theatre and Siskel Film Center
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Millennium Park
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Lincoln Park Conservatory
- The Poetry Foundation
- SkyDeck at the Sears Tower (ahem, Willis Tower? Jesse works in this building!)
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- The Signature Room at the Hancock Center
DISCOUNTS ON LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
Through his company, Jesse gets the following discounts. Write or call us if you'd like to get in on these:
- Skydeck $17 instead of $24
- Skydeck fast pass $42 instead of $49
- Chicago CityPass $85 instead of $208
Chicago CityPass - Valid for 9 days consecutive days, beginning with the first day of use. Chicago CityPASS includes the following:
- Shedd Aquarium
- Skydeck Chicago (Fast Pass entry)
- The Field Museum
- Option Ticket 1: Your choice of Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago OR 360 Chicago
- Option Ticket 2: Your choice of Adler Planetarium OR Art Institute of Chicago
OUR FAVORITE PLACES TO EAT IN CHICAGO
- Pasta Palazzo
- Rocking Horse
- Buona Terra
- Itto Sushi
- The French Market
- JP Graziano